Sue in degrees

Hi my name is Sue and I am a HLTA in a primary school. I have just started taking classes in KS1 and KS2 to teach ICT. I am in cohort 6 and although I do ICT there is a lot I don't know, for examples, blogging! I am looking forwrd to the challenges ahead.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Just before the end of last term a ceiling collapsed in the classroom next door to the ICT suite where I work. Luckily the children had left for the day. Unfortunately, it meant I wasn't allowed in the ICT suite as this ceiling could possibly collapse. So,I have been without my ICT suite since then. Even more unfortunately, I started to cover classes for PPA,( preperation, planning and assessment time for teachers), teaching............yes.. ICT!!! I have just about been able to cope, thanks to having Interactive whiteboards in each class and access to several laptops which have become my portable ICT suite, (boy does my shoulder hurt from having to lug them from one class to another!) It has also made me extremely thankful that we, as a school, did not go down the road of getting laptops for children rather than the fixed ICT suite. The problems the children and I have had! The ICT suite is now, like the Phoenix, rising from the ashes. I have a new roof, a new suspended ceiling with much better light fittings then I had previously, and my tables and machines have been moved back in. Now all I have to do is clean them all as they are black with dust; set them all back up, (though the internet cables and other cables seem to have gone missing) and sort out cupboards and paraphenalia that comes with it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home